Monday, February 23, 2009

More Time Spent Indoors

In general, our family is relatively healthy. What I mean is, we don't get colds/flu, that kind of stuff too often. So, I guess we were due.

Peanut and J spent last weekend in Indianapolis for a gymnastics meet. Tuesday morning she woke up tired. Of course, I thought it was just from the long weekend (no school on Monday). I dropped her off at practice as usual that night. When J brought her home, he informed me that over half the girls on the team were sick with flu and not at practice. Peanut was really tired and coughing with a sore throat when she went to bed.

I had her sleep in on Wednesday. She woke up later than usual, and did her school work. When I came up from the basement after my ride/workout, she had finished her work and was sound asleep on the couch. OK--the flu has struck!

She had a fever for the next four days, ate very little, slept and rested A LOT! When she's sick, she's a real trouper--no complaining--just rest and watch TV.

I feel very comfortable leaving her alone, but not when she's sick, and definitely not with a fever. So, all my workouts were at home until Sunday when I finally got back to the pool. Four days without swimming for me felt like a life time! Anyway, I actually took a complete day of rest on Thursday, which my body really needed.

Peanut is better, no fever, but still coughing and her throat is still a little sore. She's still asleep, and she's going to try to do some school work today. I doubt she'll make it to practice tomorrow night. This weekend is our team's home meet--the first meet we've sponsored since the coach opened the gym. J has been working like crazy planning the meet. R-man and I are scheduled to do our volunteer rotation when Peanut competes Saturday afternoon. I'm really worried that she might not be able to compete. We'll have to wait and see how the week shapes up.

R-man spent the weekend in Michigan with the high school church group at their winter retreat. Had a great time in the snow and cold with his friends!

Other than feeling totally trapped inside by illness, cold and snow, not being able to run, and being totally sick of this weather, I'm hanging in there. Even in the toughest of times, there's still so much to be thankful for.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week. March is less than ten days away! YEAH!

Until next time--God bless!

1 comment:

IronSnoopy said...

I hope Peanut is feeling better and that no one else caught it.

Warmth and sun has to come eventually!