Sunday, February 1, 2009

What Do I Do Now?!

I haven't posted for a while because, well, to be quite frank, there's not been a lot of good things to say.

My leg is still bothering me, so I haven't been able to run in over a month. I started treatment, but to be perfectly honest, it's expensive and we don't have the funds for it right now.

Peanut had a meet last Friday. She did OK, but one of the judges on one of the events was HORRIBLE! All our kids were scored incredibly unfair. Peanut got the lowest score EVER in a meet. She did win the floor event, and finished 7th in the all around, but that's not the point in my minds eye.

I've been working really hard to lose weight. I've been counting every calorie burned, every calorie eaten. I've eaten all the right stuff, and trying to eat it at the right time. I've worked out as hard as ever, haven't taken a day off since I can't remember when. I HAVE LOST EXACTLY ONE POUND IN THREE WEEKS! What the.........?

To give you an example of my workouts...this past week I rode on my trainer 149 miles (and we all know it takes a lot longer to ride on a trainer than out on the road). I swam about 10,000 meters, and spent about four hours doing strength/core training. This really stinks! I don't know what to do. I'm trying to work with the nutritionist who helped me lose 30 lbs. three years ago, but she is really busy now, and as I've stated previously, money is really tight!

I'm thinking of doing a half-iron distance race in June. But to be really honest, I don't want to race until I lose 10-15 lbs. At the rate I'm going, it may never happen. I'm supposed to start training tomorrow, which in my case means I can actually cut way back on my swimming and biking. However, I still don't think I can run yet. I may try later in the week and see how it goes.

So, not that it really matters or makes a difference, but here are my January totals:

Swim: 44,800 meters
Bike: 590 miles on trainer
Strength/Core training: 18 hours
Running: A BIT FAT ZERO!
Total work out time: 63 hours

(I didn't bother to total the calories, because it's a crazy number and it doesn't seem to matter anywho!)

Getting ready to swim and take R-man to church. Both those activities usually improves my mood and mindset. I hope so, because today I really need all the help/encouragement I can get.

Hope everyone has/had a great weekend. It's actually WARM (25 degrees) now!

Until next time--God bless!

No comments: