Friday, July 25, 2008

Easier Day!

Well, not so much. I thought today would actually be an easy day, but not really. I was so tired last night, I was asleep BEFORE 9:00. (You know you're either getting old or training for a long race when you hit the hay before your 10 and 14 year old kids!)

When I woke up at 5:30, I was surprised at how good my legs felt after yesterdays long run. Not bad for an old lady. Maybe I can get through this ironman thing after all.

So I headed over to the fitness center for some warm-up/core/stretch/strength work, followed by a VERY EASY 2.5 miles on the treadmill (i.e., flat--no hills). I then headed into the pool for a 4,000 meter swim.

The water at all the pools I swim in has been really warm lately. I decided to try the outside pool, hoping it would be cooler since it was earlier (8:00) in the day. No such luck. Still pretty warm, but I decided to stick it out. I've heard that the river in Louisville is really warm, so maybe a good race practice.

It took me longer than I had hoped (1:40 with water and potty breaks). I felt pretty wrinkled when I got out. Of course when I was swimming, a couple younger, faster ladies got in the pool and pretty much swam circles around me. Not really good for the self-esteem. I was able to hang with one or two of them for a little bit, but in the end......well, I'll never be mistaken for Dara Torres.

I have to admit I was a little tired when I got done. And SOOOO thirsty and hungry. I forgot how hungry swimming can make me. I tried to eat good today, and I did OK.

Things were crazy around the house this afternoon. I thought I was going to have some "down time" but it never came. I took my son for his high school (yikes!) physical and stopped at the grocery store so I don't have to do THAT tomorrow. I hate almost all types of shopping (except I do love book stores)!

Tomorrow is a REST DAY. Very little house work, NO running around, maybe evening church service. I'm riding with a good friend on Sunday at the Melon Metric. We're doing the 100 mile route. My first 100 mile ride in, well, basically FOREVER. Hope I'm up to the challenge. I have another one planned for the next Sunday, so hopefully this one will go well.

Tired now and planning to plop down in front of the TV and watch a couple shows on USA. Hopefully I can stay awake until 10:00 tonight. No alarm tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great Friday.

Until next time--God bless!

1 comment:

IronWaddler said...

You're getting some awesome workouts in!