Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Recovery Week So Far.....

The first two days have gone good. Monday, just a good 2500 meter swim. Felt good to stretch out after a long bike on Sunday. It was a beautiful day, and I swam in the outside pool. One of my favorite things about summer is swimming outside. I love to swim, and outside makes it even more perfect.

Today, was a short(er) workout of all three disciplines, plus a little core/stretch work. Training called for a 90 minute bike (25 miles for me); 30 minute run (I ran for 35 minutes--I always run a little longer because I'm so slow). I think I did about 3.2 miles. This was actually a brick, because I brought my bike to Waterfall Glenn, rode on the roads, then ran on the path. That path is really hilly!

After, I drove to Lifetime and did stretch/core work for about 20 minutes. Then an easy 1000 meters in the indoor pool. I try to be careful about the sun, and after being out for two hours, I figured inside was best.

So, I felt really good after the workout. Starving....one of my biggest problems is not eating enough during my workout times. I'm doing better, but it's really hard. (More on the weight battle another time!)

Tomorrow calls for a 45 minute run and a 1200 recovery swim. I think I'll also do a little strength and core work--I'll have the time and probably the energy. The weather calls for more heat and humidity, and I don't plan to run until around noon--good training for Louisville!
Hope everyone had a great day. I'm still trying to figure out how to cusomize this sight and add more fun stuff.

I also decided to add up my totals for June, just for fun:

Swim: 38,700 meters
Bike: 617 miles
Run: 71 miles
Core/Strength: 17 sessions
Total Training Time: 79.25 hours
Calories Burned: 37,265

HOLY COW! Sounds like a lot, but I'm not sure.....

1 comment:

IronWaddler said...

WOW - those are some awesome totals. Sounds like your training is right on your target. Great job.