Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tired Of This Recovery Stuff

I'm glad this recovery week is nearing the end. I feel more tired (and hungry) working out less, than I do during a heavy week of training. And I haven't slept really well the last couple days.

The weather has been great the last couple days. Wednesday I had a great run in the warmer weather. Did 45 minutes (about 4.5 miles) at Waterfall Glenn. After, a 4x300 recovery swim. In between, I did a 60 minutes strength/core/stretch session. I'm trying to get one day of full body strength training in per week, at least until the real heavy training hours start (like the next two weeks!) I stretch and do my core work about 4 or 5 times per week. When you're my age, it's really a necessary part of the training!

I started this workout about noon. I was tired, because I was up at 5:30, and just hung around until I brought Peanut (my daughter) to gymnastic practice. She practices Monday through Thursday in the summer. Monday and Wednesday--11:30 to 3:30; Tues./Thurs.--8:00 to Noon. I try to plan my workout during her practice. (Keeps the driving/gas consumption at a minimum!)I can usually get everything done during that time--at least for now. The longer rides/runs are done Friday-Sunday.

Today, Thursday, called for a 60 minute spin. The weather was cool and windy, and I rode about 75 minutes (about 20 miles). A short stretch/core session (30 minutes) and a very easy 1350 swim topped out the day. Spent the rest of the day running around with the kids: dentist, allergist, shopping, took my son to the gym for his workout. Ugh, more tiring than the workout for sure.

Tomorrow is the 4th, and I'm doing the Joliet Bike Club's 4th of July Metric Century ride. My training plan calls for a 90 minute ride, and a 2550 swim. I was thinking of riding longer than the 62, but a 4 hour plus ride will be good enough. I'll skip the swim, and do it on Saturday instead.

Sunday calls for a 15K race. Since I wasn't able to find a race, I'm going to run 10 miles at a hard effort.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Have safe and fun workouts/cookouts/family/travel time.

A special wish out to Snoop Dog and Moose. Have a great trip!

1 comment:

IronWaddler said...

Hope your ride went great! I was there enjoying the wind on the way back.